Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Pierre
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button continuously tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and cold in Pierre, the Experts at Peitz Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can take care of issues with your oil-burning furnace by yourself. There are several things you can check before calling us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be wrong. Ensure that it’s switched to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature stops your furnace when it detects trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those areas, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and start a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s an issue with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after disconnecting your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our Expert service technicians. Call Peitz Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pushing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely indicates there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be found in the burner chamber
- Burner runs but does not fire
- Alternative troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Peitz Service Experts can determine the problem when your oil furnace won’t ignite.
Our professionals have finished extensive testing to earn the top HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are able to deal with most any heating repair. And all our work is backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Routine maintenance can help stop furnace repairs. Once we get your furnace running, Peitz Service Experts technicians can suggest a membership plan that could decrease pricey repairs and make your furnace work more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on heating expenses.