Prevention is the most crucial step. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Pierre.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when operated right but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are working properly, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by booking regular furnace maintenance with Peitz Service Experts.