How can I find carbon monoxide in my home?

Using a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the recommended way to alert you to this dangerous gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is fatal in large concentrations.

A carbon monoxide detector works like a smoke alarm. It checks the air and beeps if carbon monoxide concentration is becoming dangerous. If possible, you should use at least one detector by all living areas, or on every floor in your home. These detectors are best installed in tandem with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your unit in the best condition and can help you prevent carbon monoxide in Pierre.