Your HVAC equipment is vital to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever stopped working on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with last minute repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to maintain a constant supply of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to request tune-ups with Peitz Service Experts, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it's not hard to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Reveal small problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to develop gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and take care of little problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of equipment failures: By fixing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the chance of a sudden breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement equipment.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit offers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working like it's supposed to.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Peitz Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and work with our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Peitz Service Experts office today.