The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you’re expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Many people dislike the taste of polluted tap water and recognize the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you may first opt for going the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets pricey almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and wiping out marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits whereveryou use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main after heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.
7 Common Causes of No Hot Water
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you just had a shockingly cold shower or turned on the faucet to find no hot water. It’s an irritating state of affairs, but don’t fret. Learning the most common causes of no hot water is the first step toward finding a solution. Here is a... Continue reading
Do I Really Need a Water Softener or Is an Inline Filter Sufficient?
You need clean water for everyday routines like cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene. Many the U.S. homeowners wonder which is best—a water filter or a water softener? Explore the important differences between inline water filters and whole-house water softeners, the perks they provide and how... Continue reading