When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Many people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first think about trying the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets costly fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, helping you to make the most of the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Peitz Service Experts to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap water, supplying you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main following severe storms. While generally harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to come with higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Peitz Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Peitz Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.