Air conditioners don’t last forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, plus the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Peitz Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you install both components together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can circumvent the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your house cozier and lowering your monthly energy expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at once. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Peitz Service Experts. We get the price of replacing your total system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 605-223-0307 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.