Air conditioners don’t last forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Pierre, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some factors to think over, in addition to the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Peitz Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you get new components together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system fails. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your house comfier and lowering your ongoing energy expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an updated furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Peitz Service Experts. We know the price of replacing your total system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 605-223-0307 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.