Summer is usually a busy time of year for many families in Pierre. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Pierre heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Pierre heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Peitz Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 605-223-0307 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Pierre heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Pierre temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a little quicker so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.