HVAC Technicians Must Prepare to Meet New Skill Demands
The HVAC profession is in a nonstop state of change. With technological innovations and increasing environmental concerns, the skills expected of HVAC professionals are evolving faster than ever. Preparing to adapt and meet these new challenges is crucial for anyone hoping to join the business. Learn what it takes to become a proficient HVAC tech, the advantages of continuous training and development and how an apprenticeship program can take your career to new heights.
Adapting to New Skill Demands
The ever-evolving HVAC landscape requires industry participants to master emerging trends, technologies and consumer demands. In a nutshell, HVAC businesses want professionals capable of meeting the demands of the modern world.
Here are the very important skills candidates should be able to demonstrate when applying for a job:
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, refrigeration and maintenance: A thorough understanding of the fundamentals gives you an advantage over fellow candidates, even if the workplace provides training for new hires.
- Solid troubleshooting and diagnostic skills: The ability to identify and deal with issues quickly and efficiently is essential. Modern equipment often includes complex digital controls, making this skill more critical than ever.
- Comfortable working directly with customers: Building a relationship with clients and providing top-notch customer service is invaluable as an HVAC technician, so companies search for this quality when evaluating applicants.
- Ability to work well on a team: HVAC projects can require teamwork with other specialists. Employers want team players who can work well with others.
- Willingness to make the most of continuous training and development: The HVAC business requires professionals to stay up-to-date with new technologies by way of continuing education. Your continued success relies on your desire to learn and grow.
Service Experts Career Academy: We Build Highly Skilled Workers
You could always attend a four-year college or trade school as one way to become an HVAC technician, but this can put you deeply in debt and delays your earning potential while you attend. At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we feel there’s a better way. Jumpstart your career and get paid while you study at Service Experts Career Academy (SECA), an in-house apprenticeship program developed to build highly skilled workers. Here’s what to know.
Service Experts Career Academy, or SECA, provides a structured curriculum covering everything from the basics to expert technologies, putting an emphasis on real-world experience and hands-on learning. Our program is expressly tailored to arm you with the knowledge you need for an HVAC career.
Expectations for Apprentices
As an apprentice, you’ll attend free classroom training, assist within appropriate departments and get a well-rounded understanding of the HVAC trade. Safety is our priority, so you’ll need to follow health and safety procedures all of the time. Embracing constructive feedback, submitting daily work process forms and growing strong interpersonal skills will also be crucial to your growth with us.
Requirements to Apply to Service Experts Career Academy
Participating in the SECA program requires an inquisitive attitude, a dedication to excellence, and the ability to meet certain physical demands. It’s required that participants have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license to apply. Physical requirements include the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl; lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 30 pounds; and work in many different environments like hot, cold and confined areas.
Compensation and Benefits as an Apprentice
At Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we invest in your success by offering a complete employment package for SECA students. Compensation includes a competitive pay program with incentive opportunities, guaranteed pay increases throughout your apprenticeship and a tool kit with a value of $1,000 upon completing the program. Benefits consist of paid time off, company holiday pay, insurance, 401(k) match, supplemental benefit programs and career development options.
The Difference of Working with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Deciding on an HVAC company to begin your career is something that demands a great deal of thought. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing could be the most appropriate choice if you’re looking for a company that appreciates:
- Innovative training programs: Our SECA initiative develops top-notch technicians from the get-go.
- Customer-centric approach: We put customers first, providing dependable and efficient services that help you feel good about your work.
- Devotion to quality: As one of our technicians, we’ll equip you with the highest quality tools, education and support.
- Community engagement: We take pride in giving back to the community, actively getting involved in local community service efforts and events.
- Sustainable practices: We support and implement earth-friendly solutions to support a sustainable future for our community.
Join the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
Preparing for the exciting challenges of a career in the HVAC business isn’t a one-time effort but a long-term commitment. It demands dedication to life-long learning, skill enhancement and a motivation to grow in your career. Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing supports you in this commitment through inspiring services like SECA. Signing up for SECA means embarking on a career path filled with growth, support and possibility.
Your career in the heating and cooling industry starts here! If you’re prepared to take your skills to a higher level, ask for more information about Service Experts Career Academy today. Join us, and you’ll help shape the future of HVAC industry.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have radically changed home comfort and made it possible to stay completely comfy in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems provide a convenient way to manage the temperature, they sometimes fall short when it comes to evenly distributing... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the chilly days and nights in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about maximizing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Pick Out an Effective HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and general home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading