Selecting the Best Air Conditioning Solution for Your Residence
Building a new home? Upgrading your existing equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may shortly realize you have more choices than you initially thought. Go through this guide to help you measure four different kinds so you can select the right air conditioner in Pierre.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people think of when they imagine air conditioning for the full residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This may be great for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps run much like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also provide heat when it’s cold.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, as opposed to a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t have (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly silent, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet hovers at an even 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this constant source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You desire a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your house for the subterranean loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This may be good for you if:
- Your house, or an immediate addition to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling individual rooms.
- You want to get zoning for your residence.
Still unsure which type of air conditioner you should buy? Trust the Experts at Peitz Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you select the ideal one for your home. Please contact us estimate right away.