Building a new home? Upgrading your existing equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may quickly realize you have more options than you first thought. Use this guide to help you weigh four different kinds so you can find the right air conditioner in Pierre.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people think of when they imagine air conditioning for the full home. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly noiseless, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps run similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also provide heat in cold weather.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your home is in a location with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t have (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet hovers at a stable 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this constant source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your residence for the buried loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This might be good for you if:
- Your residence, or an immediate addition to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You want to get zoning for your residence.
Still unsure which type of air conditioner you should buy? Rely on the Experts at Peitz Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you select the right one for your budget. Please contact us at 605-223-0307 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate now.