How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of vapors that could be inside your Pierre house. Natural gas and fumes that derive from residential furniture, carpeting and paints. Not a one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Peitz Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 605-223-0307 now to start defending your home against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be a major concern, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot observe it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in small amounts and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Lethal After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of used fuel. It can creep into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how considerable the leak is and the airflow in a house, the gas may become deadly in only a few minutes.

Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing clean air, it will take five hours to take it out of your bloodstream. It will take an additional five hours to decrease that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Mirror Other Illnesses

The gas can also cause symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no point to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several things you can do to keep your family safe:

  1. Every home with at least one fuel-burning heater, connected garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. You should have an alarm on every level of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide alarm in your home?
    Call Peitz Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 605-223-0307 to get one. Ask our pros about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide detector, regularly check or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and buy a new system every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor goes off, leave your home immediately and dial 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Help from Peitz Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the recommended actions your residence can be protected from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Peitz Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 605-223-0307 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.