It’s frosty outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Peitz Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.