Planning yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your AC unit in Pierre working at its best performance while keeping energy needs low. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Peitz Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a big portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures near, it’s also a good idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is a great time to get your cooling equipment cleaned and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first warm day of the season can be a gamble. If you have to schedule a fix or a new unit, you may be waiting awhile for a technician. And that could get awfully unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service can be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioner unit in the top order:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and may decrease your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially necessary if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Peitz Service Experts at 605-223-0307, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros begin the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any blockage from soil and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is starting, running and shutting down like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that involve further work, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering potential troubles in a timely manner may solve bigger problems later on. This also provides you time to strategize if your unit is getting outdated.
When you need a new air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the ideal unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment fit your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your service? Call us at 605-223-0307 or schedule an appointment online right away.