Are AC Tune-Ups Worth It?
Planning yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your AC unit in Pierre working at its top performance while keeping energy needs low. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few things you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Peitz Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a couple steps you can do by yourself as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that includes a large amount of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures near, it’s also a good idea to add AC service on that listing.
Spring is the best time to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and inspected. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule service or installation, you may be waiting awhile for a technician. And that may get awfully unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh air conditioning system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling upkeep can be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your AC equipment in the top order:
- Change your air filter advises each month or two. This is especially crucial if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, since this could impede airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Peitz Service Experts at 605-223-0307, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Examining controls to double check your system is starting, running and shutting down correctly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that involve further service, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering potential issues promptly may solve bigger problems later on. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you need a new air conditioner to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to schedule your service? Call us at 605-223-0307 or schedule an appointment online right away.