4 Tips for Saving Energy in Pierre This Summer
Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are some ideas for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping bills low.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is a definite advantage for keeping your power bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Learning how to effectively work your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your energy bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of a couple other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the correct fit for your house. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have radically changed home comfort and made it possible to stay completely comfy in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems provide a convenient way to manage the temperature, they sometimes fall short when it comes to evenly distributing... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the chilly days and nights in the U.S., there’s no better way to improve your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about maximizing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe.... Continue reading
How to Pick Out an Effective HVAC System
When considering keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and general home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading